Tristan Pettit concentrates his practice in the area of landlord-tenant law, representing landlords and property management companies throughout the state. He focuses on both commercial and residential evictions, as well as the accompanying damage claims for his clients. Tristan also consults with landlords and management companies on best practices in the management of both commercial and residential rental properties.
Tristan further assists clients with the drafting and interpretation of commercial leases, residential rental agreements and other rental documents; he is the author of the landlord-tenant legal forms sold at Wisconsin Legal Blank Co., Inc., which are used throughout the state.
Tristan is involved in litigation dealing with lead-based paint, bed bugs, Fair Housing (discrimination) claims, building code orders, public nuisance lawsuits, and the defense of Wisconsin Administrative Code - ATCP 134 violations and investigations.
Tristan presents seminars on landlord-tenant law and related matters throughout the state, and is a past president of the Apartment Association of Southeastern Wisconsin, Inc., currently serving on its Board of Directors.
He also is the author of the popular Wisconsin landlord-tenant law blog that can be found at www.LandlordTenantLawBlog.com
Areas of Practice
- State of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®*
*AV®, BV®, AV Preeminent® and BV Distinguished® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used under and in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.
- Juris Doctor: Marquette University
- B.A. with Honors: University of Wisconsin
Professional & Civic Activities
- Apartment Association of Southeastern Wisconsin (AASEW)
- President (2009-2012)
- Board of Directors (2006-2008, 2013-present)
- Member (2005-present)
- Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM)
- Friend of IREM (2010-present)
- Apartment Owners & Management Association (AOMA)
- Member (2010- present)
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- President - Young Lawyers Division (2000-2001)
- Board of Directors - Young Lawyers Division (1998-2001)
- Board of Governors (2000-2001)
- Executive Committee (2000-2001)
- Milwaukee Bar Association
- Member (1995-present)