Hello Everyone — The event of the year — the AASEW’s Conference & Trade Show — will be held in a little more than 1 week.
You will not want to miss this great event at its new location at Potawatomi Bingo Casino.
When: Friday, September 27, 2103 from 11 am – 4:30 pm (Doors open at 10 am)
Where: Potawatomi Bingo Casino, 1721 West Canal Street, Milwaukee, WI 53233
How Much? Free to all Landlords with pre-registration at www.apartmentassoc.org otherwise the cost will be $10 at the door.
Doors open at 10 to allow you time to meet with and learn about all of the great products and services of our vendors.
Complimentary food will be available throughout the day.
The first even will start at 11 am when we will be presenting an very special award to Wisconsin Senator Frank Lasee for all of his work and support in getting last year’s Act 143 (Landlord Omnibus Law) passes and advancing Senate Bill 179 which will (hopefully) soon be law later this fall.
The award presentation will be followed by various seminars throughout the day. I will be presenting a seminar at 3:30 pm on “Legal Issues Pertaining to Bed Bugs and How Landlords Can Protect Themselves.” The other seminars that will be offered are listed below.
- 11:15 - Social Media: Are you doing it right?
- 11:15 - Bed bugs in a multi-family environment
- 12:30 - I’m on Linked In, Now What?
- 12:30 - Making the Grade: Financing Your Investment Property
- 1:30 - Mold – Be Prepared, Not Afraid
- 1:30 - Working with Milwaukee’s Dept of Neighborhood Services
- 2:30 - Rental Collectsion into the 21st Century
- 2:30 – Multi Family Energy Savings Program
- 3:30 - Milwaukee County Evictions
- 3:30 – Legal Issues Pertaining to Bed Bugs and How Landlords Can Protect Themselves
Following the seminars we will be having several raffle prizes including giving away an iPad — you must be present to win.