We have had a very good response to our ads for the AASEW’s 4th Annual Landlord Boot Camp. So much so that seats are quickly running out . . . or we may need to consider adding a second seminar shortly after the first.
If you are interested in attending this year’s Boot Camp on Saturday, Feb, 25th, I would strongly suggest that you register here.
I will be presenting this all-day seminar (8:30 am – 5:30 pm) at the Clarion Hotel located at 5311 S. Howell Avenue.
I will be teaching you everything you need to know legally to be a residential landlord or property manager.
Here are what past attendees said about Landlord Boot Camp.
We will cover topics such as:
- How to screen applicants
- How to avoid discrimination issues and better understand fair housing laws
- How to draft legal screening criteria
- How to legally reject an applicant
- How to spot an applicant that is “fronting” for another applicant that won’t qualify to rent from you
- What rental documents you should be using and why
- The Residential Rental Practices (Wisconsin Administrative Code ATCP 134) and what can happen to you if you violate any of these 21 regulations.
- What are the “7 Deadly Sins” and why you cannot include them in your rental agreement
- What is the best way to evict a tenant and how to accomplish this
- What are the different choices a landlord has when deciding what type of notice to serve a tenant
- How to serve a tenant a notice so that service cannot be attacked in court
- How to navigate your way through the judicial eviction process
- What evidence you must present at an eviction trial to prevail
- What to do with a tenant’s abandoned property
- How to draft a legal security deposit transmittal letter
- How to collect for past due rent and damage from an ex-tenant (or should you even bother pursuing this)
. . . and much more.
All attendees will also receive a 100 page + manual (with lots of sample forms) to refer to in your business when the seminar has faded from your memory : )
Attendees will also receive a free lunch on the day of the seminar.
Cost is $159 for members of the AASEW, $249 for non-AASEW members (you can join the AASEW for an additional $1), $199 for members of any landlord or apartment association. Past attendees will receive a discount for attending again.
Register online or by calling the AASEW at 414-276-7378.
I hope to see all of you there!!!!